Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Further tax-deductible donations will go towards technology to supplement the MacBook. :)
$

Monday, December 13, 2010

BALD LOVE!!! [part 1]

There’s so much I want to say about the day I shaved my head…

Let me start by thanking everyone who came out to support, including all the staff and students at A.R.T. Center! It meant so much to have everyone’s support and participation.

Since there's so much to say, I'm going to tell the story in parts. So here's part one, putting my hair in ponytails and cutting them off!

While the ponytails were getting ready, we had a little Q&A session with the students and guests. One of my students said something about how people look and laugh, although she apparently thought this wouldn’t happen to me:

Here’s my husband’s reaction:

Another student had a suggestion for a future hair style:

An ASD board member had an alternative idea:

Back to the purpose of this whole thing:
The envelope for Locks of Love!
She looks thrilled to be participating...
And finally, the moment you’ve been waiting for…saying goodbye to each ponytail! Many of the staff and my students volunteered to cut off ponytails, and My Music Therapy Intern led a drum roll with the students for each ponytail that was cut.

This is a student, with staff assistance:

And some more ponytails being cut off:
Board member...

Staff...

Students...

My Mom...

Even though my student “Maiden” was continually BEGGING me to stop cutting my hair...
...I was surprised that he actually volunteered to cut off a ponytail!!
Later, he was on his knees begging me to “stop, don’t do it anymore, I love you!” I told him “I’m doing this because I love you guys!” While I don’t know if he understood the concept, I do know that at some point he realized that there was nothing he could do to stop it, so he may as well join in. In any case, I was so glad to have all of my students around me!

And here we go, the last ponytail:

Some people didn’t want to have anything to do with cutting ponytails:
Play how you feel about it on the drum...
But they were still there supporting!

Here’s a little disclaimer before we move onto the next step:

As you can see I was having a good time interacting with the students, which was quite distracting, but that was good!
My student “Maiden” had a nice comment about how he thought my new “haircut” would turn out:

That said, it really had nothing to do with whether or not I’d look good with a bald head! Remember, it’s Bald Love, not Bald Fashion. Stay tuned for the next post…bzzzzzzzzzzz…

No comments:

Post a Comment