Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Further tax-deductible donations will go towards technology to supplement the MacBook. :)
$

Saturday, October 23, 2010

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

My monetary goal is to raise $3,000 for my dream MacBook – extra storage, Logic (music editing software), a nice microphone… This is my dream MacBook Pro 15":
2.53GHz Intel Core i5
8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Logic Express preinstalled
Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Apple Remote
AppleCare Protection Plan


So what can you do to help? Here are some ideas:
·      Send the link to my blog to all your friends
·      Share the link on your Facebook page
·      Donate! (See the button at the top)
·      Get your friends to donate!
·      Come to the event! (date/time TBA)
·      Any other ideas? Leave a comment!

While the purpose of this fundraiser is to purchase a MacBook, I really want everyone to understand why my work is so important to me. I believe that music therapy is a very powerful way to bring out the creative spirit in my students, and to help them grow. They have so much to offer, and if you really take the time to get to know them, you’ll be amazed. As their “teacher,” I still have a lot to learn from them. They are so accepting of others, and most of them are free of the social barrier we all seem to carry around that says “I can’t be who I really am, because someone will look down on me.” They simply say, “this is who I am!” This freedom is inspiring.
That said, one of the best things you can do to help is to come observe me at my work and/or volunteer. Let me know if you’re interested in doing this!

1 comment:

  1. I checked it out. I took a step out of fb. Great blog spot. I am touched by all that you have posted. You are a true blessing for these students. Keep up the blessed work.

    ReplyDelete