Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Further tax-deductible donations will go towards technology to supplement the MacBook. :)
$

Saturday, January 8, 2011

WE HAVE A RENTER!

Alright, so I have my first taker for the rental of space on my head! At the running club last Wednesday night, I received a donation to put the club logo on my head. Shouldn’t be too difficult, right?
Right…
Well I was able to shave the word “ASK” into my head a couple days ago:

Step 1: lay out the design

Step 2: carefully shave around the letters

 Step 3: trace the design with colored gel

Somebody did actually ASK at the coffee shop last Friday. Well he didn't so much ASK as LOOK, and my friend pulled him into a conversation because of this. Eventually he said, "If I give you this, will you leave me alone?"
Well, not exactly the intent (I wanted people to actually initiate the ASKing), but hey, I guess my friend's action "paid" off!

So anyway, I figured that I probably wouldn't be able to get the AREC logo exactly like the original, but I’d try to get it as close as possible! So here we go...

Step 1: laying out the design...

Step 2: one letter at a time...

Step 3: very carefully...

Step 4: one more letter...

...and...ta da! Presenting the AREC logo!
Let's make it blue, just for fun:

So I figure I can probably change the design at least once a week, and maybe even every 4-6 days, if that many people are interested. Keep the ideas coming while the price is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment