Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Further tax-deductible donations will go towards technology to supplement the MacBook. :)
$

Friday, January 7, 2011

NEW SEMESTER


We’re just beginning a new semester here at A.R.T. Center. I’ve been really excited for my new class idea.
I’m not allowing ANY TALKING AT ALL!!
Instead, we’ll explore how each student uses movements, eye contact, facial expression etc. to communicate. When words are used, it will be in the form of singing. Everything will be slow paced. The original idea came from the fact that sometimes I feel like I’m relying too much on words to get my point across, and the message gets jumbled in the process. Some of my students aren’t able to use words to communicate – how can I know if they truly understand what I’m saying if I’m trying to spit it out quickly using a bunch of words? And more importantly, am I really listening carefully to what they have to say if I’m always busy talking?
The class is called “Canto con Moto”, meaning “sing with motion.” I won’t say any more words about this class…just that I’m so excited to see what comes out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment