Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Further tax-deductible donations will go towards technology to supplement the MacBook. :)
$

Friday, November 5, 2010

MAIDEN!

Remember that student I was telling you about, the one who loves Iron Maiden? Guess who he was for Halloween:
That’s right! He likes to be called “Maiden” – and he also calls me “Maiden” from time to time. We love to rock out on the drums together! Here we are playing the drums at an art show:
He puts on a fantastic performance. Such a natural! At this particular show, he also performed his own cover of Iron Maiden’s song “Run to the Hills.” I used Garage Band for this project, using his singing and drum playing, and creating a guitar solo from the notes he played on the keyboard using a guitar sound he chose. It was a painstaking process of choosing the best sounding notes and putting them together to form a cohesive solo, and it was so well worth every second spent! These are the types of projects I’m looking forward to continuing when I have my new MacBook!

No comments:

Post a Comment