Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Further tax-deductible donations will go towards technology to supplement the MacBook. :)
$

Monday, August 15, 2011

THE END!

What? This can’t be it!!
That was my thought last Tuesday, during an all-staff meeting, when the CEO announced that ASD was going to match the rest of my funds. I had raised $1600, and had $1400 to go. So at first, I thought she meant that I would raise $700 and the company would match that. But I was pleasantly surprised, and actually shocked, to find out that she meant that the whole $1400 was covered!

It’s been almost a week, and I’m still in disbelief. Bald Love has been such a huge part of my life for the past 8 months, and in some strange way, it’ll actually be a little sad to see the project end!

Just after getting the news, our new HR people made a donation. They wanted to put a picture of my head on their website. Pretty cool! So this is the last pattern I’ll be shaving onto my head:

Design prep!
8/9/11
8/13/11
I shaved the HR pattern a second time for my 10-year high school reunion on 8/13. There were three guys at the reunion who had shaved heads. My husband was glad he wasn’t the only one! And since the left side of my head was completely bald, I felt like part of the “club.” Take a good look at my bare head, this is the last time you’ll see it!

So now the question is, what do I do with my hair? I guess a fauxhawk will be first… But in the meantime, IT’S TIME TO GO COMPUTER SHOPPING!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed to this project. I’ve been so blessed by everyone’s generosity. It’s been a long 8 months, but it just goes to show that patience pays off! Thank you for your patience too, as some of you have probably been wondering if I’ll ever get the computer! And don’t think this is the end of the story. It’s only the beginning…

1 comment: