Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Further tax-deductible donations will go towards technology to supplement the MacBook. :)
$

Friday, May 27, 2011

WHAT’S NEW WITH YOUR MOHAWK?

I’ve really been having some fun with the mohawk I’m growing! Here it is with some red gel:


5/13/11
Gel is nice, but what about semi-permanent dye? Even better! I couldn’t decide between blue or pink, and since one of my co-workers is pregnant and didn’t know if she was having a boy or girl, I figured half and half would be perfect. So here we go!
Step 1: pink
Step 2: add the blue
5/16/11: And here it is!
5/16/11
5/21/11
It’s a girl, so eventually I’ll go all pink in her honor, but to even it out, I thought I’d change it up and go purple:
Adding blue to the pink side and pink to the blue side
5/26/11: Pink + Blue does = Purple!
When I first dyed the mohawk, I also dyed a little patch of hair on the right side of my head, for a design. This is what I was going for:
In June, I’ll be riding my bike across the country in an 8-person team (Team Life Changers). Here’s part of our logo, the bike:
5/16/11: Prep!
Don't worry, the blue dye washed off my head. :)
The blue didn’t show up as nicely as I thought, but it was better once it grew out a little!
5/21/11
5/26/11
As for the mohawk, it’s easy to take care of when I leave it fuzzy, but sometimes I like to spike it:
I like the faded colors...
5/24/11
5/27/11
It's nice to show my face every once in a while!

So I’ve shown you some portraits that my student “Maiden” has drawn. Here’s his interpretation of my mohawk:
See the bald head with the darker mohawk on top?


Throughout this whole thing, my husband has been awesome in supporting me. Although it makes him sad that I shaved all my hair off, he is somewhat glad that I’m at least growing part of it back! Greg, I’d like to thank you for your support of this project, for the patience, love and acceptance you’ve shown me as I slowly…slowly… grow my hair back. I know it hasn’t been easy to see your wife take a razor to her head!

No comments:

Post a Comment